Monday, August 13, 2012

It's Cedar Day!


Wow, I’m realizing that it’s been a while since I last updated this thing. Sorry about that! Life here lately has been busy, nonetheless full of exciting new things happening here at SCH! Lately, I have been working with the team on our child sponsorship program. We have been working lots on the computer, getting all of the children’s sponsorship files filled out. And as of Saturday, we have officially launched our SCH sponsorship program and our “105 in 105” campaign. Each day, SCH will be featuring a child from SCH in hopes that by the end of “their day”, they will be fully sponsored. The ultimate goal is to get all 105 of our kids sponsored in 105 days. If you are interested in sponsoring a child from SCH, you can easily go to the SCH website, choose the child you would like to sponsor, and then choose from 3 different sponsorship options: a full $200 monthly sponsorship, half sponsorship with a monthly $100 donation, or partially sponsor with a $40 dollar monthly donation. When you sponsor a child, you feed them, put diapers on them, put nutritious food in their bellies, give them vitamins and medicine they need to thrive, pay their caregivers their salary to take care of them 24/7, and give them all the other things like soap, detergent, and toothpaste to stay clean. These might sound like basic, meaningless things but it’s what keeps our kids alive and healthy and is truly what gives them the quality of life that they deserve here at SCH. I can’t think of a group of children more deserving of our support both prayerfully and financially.

We are in day three of our campaign, where we have introduced Lily and Wendy. Today is a especially significant day for me though because today’s child is very dear to my heart. Yes, you guessed it…it’s Cedar’s day! This means that for the day, SCH will feature a blog post about him, with pictures and videos that really give you a taste for who he is and what he is all about. I love today because it’s my excuse to talk about him all that I want and tell everyone I know about how special of a child he is and how beautiful his little life is to me. This day is all about advocating for the life of a 3-year-old little boy who managed to turn my world upside down in a matter of two short months. I don’t think that it was chance that I met Cedar and fell in love with him the way that I did; I think it was God’s wonderful destiny and plan, for both of us. I think it’s evidence that God often uses the least likely individuals to change our lives. I’m thankful he chose Cedar to change mine.

One of the most important things we can do for these kids is to simply be a voice for them. To share their stories that have gone unheard, untold, and have been hidden away from the world. Our job as staff and volunteers of SCH is to bring their struggle and triumphs into the light. Our job is to fight for these kids…fight for their stories to be told, fight for their voices to be heard, fight for their lives to be recognized as miracles and tangible works of God’s grace. I count it an incredible honor to do my part in speaking up for these children.

Will you help me? Will you help me be a voice for Cedar and the children at SCH? Will you consider sponsoring a child fully or partially on a monthly basis? Will you commit to praying for them? Will you help me share their stories?

To see Cedar's child of the day blog post, click here




Pictures by: Nikki Cochrane 

No comments:

Post a Comment